Monday, September 27, 2010

Handbook

They need instruction manuals on certain things.

Kids? Nope. That came easy for one reason or another. I can do that with my eyes closed. Ha.

Career? Nope. Not that one either. It's the one thing I've always excelled at.

Friends? Maybe. As I've gotten older though, I think I've gotten better at being and making friends.

Love? Ding ding ding. I'm about fed up. And sad. And need some kind of book to tell me what to do and how to do it. Because I am floating around in a big pool of yuck and not really sure how to get out of it.

When and if you write this said book (or if you find someone who has) feel free to pass it along. I'd give my left ovary for it.

1 comment:

  1. There isn't a book on love, because everyone is making it up as they go along. We learn from every different way that we've loved and been loved and with any luck the lessons stick so we don't repeat the worst of it and will recognize the best of it when it comes along.

    If you are floating in a pool of yuck then swim; sooner or later you'll find the edge, climb out and clean yourself off. The next time you want to go for a swim, look at the water and if it's murky, dip a toe in first, test the water and see if it's worth getting into or not. If you don't make an effort to find the edge though, you'll just float on.

    ReplyDelete