Sunday, March 21, 2010

Too late

I looked back on our time and smiled because it was fun. It was calming. It was nice. And for a moment I saw what it could have been but you were locked up. Your walls were way too high for me to climb and quite honestly, I didn't have the energy. I couldn't even have a conversation with you that had any more depth than discussing weather, food, and work. I was here. You were there. And you were insistent on remaining over there and not inviting me to join you...and that's ok.

I know that there's a difference between being angry and hurt. I was hurt. But definitely not angry...why should I have been? It really had nothing to do with me...and if me being me isn't enough to pull you out of being over there...then, I'm going to keep going. And I'll look back and wave at you and just make sure you're ok...and that you're still there...and I'll smile at you...and keep going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment