Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Carnage
My friend tells me recently that I leave a wake of carnage behind me. I don't know if I agree but I don't disagree. I have definitely made some decisions that have hurt some people. However, I feel also that more recently I have been cast aside by people who say they love me and then in one swipe can kick me out of their lives like I never existed. I have tried to look at this as a good thing. That these particular people needed to be out of my life for a reason. Or that we needed to be out of each other's lives. Truth is, the sun still rises...but it doesn't mean that as each day passes, the last memories of these people don't linger. I've never been someone to totally be done with anyone. I haven't purposely kicked anyone out of my life. And truth is, if they have done so to me, I always welcome them back with open arms if they decide to come back. A direct result of my childhood..love was (and is) given on a conditional basis. I made some kind of unspoken promise at one point or another to never do that to anyone I cared about. And I never will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment