Monday, November 16, 2009

This place

"...this is the place that loves you, even if you go and then come back; they love you here, they welcome you back."
It's true you know. I can't go. I think if I could, I would. Assuming you would even want that. But let's say you did, I know I'd do it because it would just make sense. And it would be fun. And we probably wouldn't kill each other. Always a plus.

And even though you haven't made a decision, I think we both know the facts and that on paper, the smart thing to do is not what your heart thinks is good for you. And even if you leave, I'll still love you. And when you come back, I'll welcome you. And we'll go to Flanagan's. And to Buffa's. And to Yo' Mama's. Just like we always did. We'll make stupid jokes and I'll sneak glitter into your suitcase. I'll fall asleep in your lap....until the next time you come back and we'll do it all over again.

You know, just in case you were wondering what would happen if you left.

No comments:

Post a Comment