Monday, October 19, 2009

Single Mom Seduction 101

I am a single mother. A single mother of 2 boys at that. Try wrapping your brain around that one...not that I am the first to do it nor will I be the last. However, being a female trying to raise 2 men, really think about the challenges that present themselves there. I have been broken up with their father for 3 years now and have had 2 relationships in that time. Both of them were horrific but one in particular really, really hurt. As I attempt to put the pieces back together, I have gone out on dates, even attempted a quasi relationship, most definitely have been attracted to some men here and there, toyed with the idea of starting this whole thing again. The problem is this (well, there's a few): you can't introduce everyone to your kids. I mean you could, but that happened to me when I was growing up and while I don't remember it really affecting me, I'm sure it did somehow, somewhere. Also, I'd like to avoid giving my children some crazy trust issues much like my own. Life happens and they are gonna develop things...but if I can shield them from some of them, I'm gonna at least try.

In the last few weeks, I have been around a man. A man I have known for a few years. There is a mutual attraction. But, nothing ever has happened nor do I think it will happen. We make eyes across the room...kiss on the lips goodbye...smile coyly...all the typical flirtations of human nature. We have mutual friends and we all often spend time together cooking and watching movies. My children are often with me as well. These people have become our second family in a lot of ways. As I watch my children become close to this man that I have flirted with for 2 years, I feel almost like he is seducing me. There is almost nothing more enticing to a single mom then for her children to be comfortable around a man she is attracted to. It's an instant panty dropper. Watching a man play with them, interact with them, watching the kids interact back, watching them laugh, watching their eyes connect, and watching him have patience with them....the old adage goes "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach." I'd have to say that the one for single mom's is "The way to a single mom's heart is through her kids." There is nothing more seductive to me then when a man that I am attracted to genuinely gets along with my kids and I can feel that they are comfortable being around him. It's an instictual thing I think...nothing I'll ever be able to truly explain or put into feelings. And even though I know that nothing will come of these flirtations, I guess the one thing it does for me is give me the hope that one day...someday...that one guy will come along and I'll be being seduced by my significant other who is not only in love with me, but is in love with my kids. I dream of sitting across the room...watching him snuggle with them, reading them books, playing with them, laughing with them...and then after tucking them in, leading him to the bedroom to show him my love and gratitude in one of the best ways I know how...

No comments:

Post a Comment