I walked into Boondock last night to be greeted with a big goofy smile and a hug from John. he introduced me to his new friend, Libby. She had huge boobs and wore a tight Broncos t-shirt. She had a cute face and flirted relentlessly with John as she smoked her menthols and sipped her drink. Margaret came by for a few and was still complaining of a headache and had yet to take anything. I made her take some Excedrin that I had in my purse so she'd lighten up a little and not suck the fun out of the moment. She headed out quickly, only stopping in just to say hello. I went next door and got some food and chatted with some tourists about their trip. One of the wives looked at me suspectingly and tried hurrying her husband out. After she realized I wasn't trying to do him, she chilled out and actually joined the conversation. I knew her attitude probably had nothing to do with me and had more to with her history with her husband perhaps. I got my Bocca burger and headed back to the Boondock.
John had some friends come in and say hi. Libby said she knew this friend from the first night she met John at the club. We talked about you and explained to Libby about how much we loved you and missed you. John said he can't even go to One Eyed's because he's never been there without you. I asked John if he ate anything today (as he ordered yet another drink), and he responded "no..." He explained that he can't eat. It just comes up. But if he gets really wasted, he can eat. I shared my burger with Libby and there was a tiny bit left. He ate the last 2 bites. And then immediately got up to go throw up. I wasn't sure how much of this was for attention though...and I felt sad for my friend. He had been talking about wanting to go to Hustler but his lady friend wanted to go home and just fuck him. He wanted to go out first and then go home and fuck because he knew he wouldn't feel like going out after fucking. Which is definitely logical. He also stated that since you weren't here to monitor him, that I needed to go with him to make sure he left within in hour, which of course I promised to do and also promised his lady friend that I would make sure he was out in a hour. She huffed and puffed. She went outside to smoke and John didn't follow which made her huff and puff louder. I rounded him up to leave so that we could get in and out of Hustler and him not lose his chance of getting laid. She met him on the steps and expressed her unhappiness with a whisper in his ear. He looked over her shoulder at me and I knew that the power of the pussy had won--duh. But I was happy that he was heading home rather than going out and drinking more. We all hugged goodbye. I walked back to my car and stopped at Rouses on the way for some ice cream and cookie dough. Before I left the quarter I texted John to make sure he made it home ok. He thought I was thinking he was very drunk. And I told him "no, I just need to make sure I still have someone to go to titty bars with." He was up and at 'em at 7am because he accidentally texted me about wanting make out with some girl named Lindsey.
I've indirectly sort of become John's proxy for you until you come back. Maybe I'm reading more into it but I think that as capable and smart as he is, he needs someone in his life who will watch after him. I can't be physically there as much as you were. But, it's better than nothing. And I really just enjoy hanging out with him. He's a lot of fun.
No one will replace you though. And soon we'll all 3 be sitting at the Boondock and it'll be like you never left:) We'll talk about John's new stripper friend while she's gone to the bathroom. We'll listen to Jenny Kay bitch about work and go on and on about her daughter. We'll hold hands under the bar and trade forehead kisses.
Can't wait to see you again:)
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

He does need to be looked after, or at very least know that there are people who care enough to make sure he's alright. I'm grateful to you for doing that in my absence. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad also that you've got him. He's a good person and despite all his issues, he's made it a point to inquire after my friends while I'm gone as well, so I'm grateful to him for the very same reason as I'm grateful to you.
I'm looking forward to being with both of you again too. I'll be happy when I can see your face, take your hand and kiss your forehead.