I feel like we've been talking so much lately that there's not a whole lot that I could fill you in on that you don't know already:)
Gwen came downstairs and collected me right after we chatted. Her place is so full of stuff. I often wonder how people accumulate so many things. It wasn't messy. It was just crowded. Mostly books and movies from what I noticed. And a large fat black kitty that lounged on her bed. Her neighbor upstairs blared his r&b music during my massage and it reminded me of life in the city that I've been away from for 2 weeks now. It's very quiet out here. Much, much different. When I go to work in the quarter it almost feels new to me again because I don't live right by it anymore. Not that I ever get sick of the Quarter, but I guess maybe I have a little more appreciation for it now since it's not 5 minutes away and is 15 minutes away(?)...that sounds kinda silly huh?
Tomorrow is Tuesday and I will visit Flanagan's after work and sit alone at the bar, have one drink, and miss you. Like I said, late nights just aren't the same. Maybe you'll be up and we can chat about our day and it'll kinda be like you're there. Huggy will flirt with me like he always does. And I will not reciprocate but thank him profusely for my drink and the discount. James will mumble and cluck like a chicken. If I'm lucky, someone who I genuinely like will come in and we'll chat but I'll leave sooner than usual because the conversation isn't nearly as interesting.
China is very interested in me...I'm not sure what I'll do if they confirm that they really want me to go...China is very far away from anything I know...
Love you...
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I imagine that the quarter does feel a little foreign to you now. Living so far away has got to feel strange after living so close for so long. It's amazing how adding the slightest bit of distance can really change things.
ReplyDeleteI hope that you have a good time at Flanagans tonight. You can Skype me if it isn't too late (i've got to see an apartment at 9am) just text me and tell me when you are on their wifi.
China is far away, which can be good for a person every now and again. Distance made you appreciate the quarter in a different way, maybe China will make you love New Orleans more.
I hope your message with Gwen was good :)