Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 1--Keen as Mustard

And the countdown begins.

So, the day that I went to the Country Club, The Brit and R were there as well. We had a good time. R and I sat close and The Brit stayed back and observed our interactions. I made some kind of joke about R shaking a chicken over a glass to get the egg out to make a drink....It was funny. But I think you had to be there. However, just get a mental picture of that and you surely will giggle no matter what. Anyways, I think that kind of sealed the deal. They decided I was "cool."

I got a text from The Brit later that evening telling saying "yeah, I've spent worse afternoons." I teased him a little about how tortuous is must have been. He then told me how him and R were at home and were thinking about me. I asked for more details and I got zilch...which in my opinion was the point. Keep me asking for more and keep my curiosity peaked as well.

Yesterday afternoon, The Brit texted and apologize for his texting and wasn't sure if it was inappropriate. They had been drinking and were feeling frisky. I called his bluff and told him that he wasn't really sorry and that they were testing me is some sort of way to see how I would react. He concurred...and if they had a bluff, it most certainly had been called. We had talked about all getting a drink after R and I got off work last night and I asked him if that was still going. The next text I receive says "Our stalker wants to go have a drink after work. I told her it was unlikely but let me know what you think. She's as keen as mustard." It took me a minute, but that was actually meant to be sent to R. That message was followed up with MANY, MANY apologetic texts and explanations of how cool it would be if someone cool would stalk them and somehow my name came up in that conversation. He was feeling totally foolish and then was a little worried that R would be mad--which she wasn't, according to him.

Needless to say, we didn't go get a drink. And needless to say, the next interaction will be a little awkward I think. It'll be fun anyways to watch him wiggle a little.

And since I am not as cultured, I had to look up the meaning of "keen as mustard." And in case you aren't sure what it means (which I'm sure you do...lol), here ya go:

"keen as mustard"

Meaning:

Very enthusiastic.


I've been called worse things. I can handle being very enthusiastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment