Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 7- A week in

Soooooo, how's it feel? It's been a week officially. Are you hunkering down quite nicely? Finding your way around? When I think of you in Montreal, I automatically think of you riding a Vespa for some reason.

It's been so nice here. It'll be 90 degrees all this week which will be a change of pace. Hello summer, how are you? Nice of you to come visit. No rain. A slight breeze. And tons of sun. Makes me long for the beach.

I got some more face stuff at Lush yesterday and of course, was reminded of that rainy day we spent together and went there. That was a good day:)

Tell me about your favorite place in Montreal so far. Is there an 80's night? What do the women look like there compared to here? What's the main difference culturally?

I apologize for my lack in interesting stories today--I am so sleepy and haven't been doing much. I promise to promptly find my exciting life as a showgirl and make some bad decisions and report back to you asap;)

I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I've found the new apartment, which will be nice. I love the studio (it's very nice), but I have no privacy there, really. I've got to be up by the time people start showing up for work, which is earlier than I care to be up.

    I sort of feel like I'm on a working vacation right now, but that'll change a bit when I have my own place.

    My favorite place right now would just have to be the Metro. i know this sounds strange, but I really like people watching and seeing where people get on and off, imagining their adventures. I loved that about Pais as well.

    I also really like the Rus St. Catherine shopping area downtown as well. lot's to see and do there. Nothing culturally signifigant, but there is a Lush there and of course every time I pass it, I think of you.

    I've only been to one club, partially because the studio is so far and I can't get back after the metro stops unless I have a ride. That'll change tomorrow and I'll let you know then.

    Last night I went to the suburbs, had dinner with my friends (Fred and his very pregnant girlfriend). Listened to music , watched a hockey game and drank a little wine. It was nice.

    The biggest difference I have here is that I have a lot more guy friends, which is a good change of pace for the moment. I don't have that in New Orleans. I have a handful of decent guy friends, but it's usually chance that finds me hanging out with them, as opposed to intending to do so. It's a sort sort of influence in ones life and I kind of like it.

    The big difference between women here and in New orleans is that women are almost always very well put together here. New Orleans is laid back in a lot of ways and that's typically one of them. I've often felt overdressed in New Orleans, but I doubt I could feel that way here very often, if at all.

    Culturally I'lll say that people are much more polite here. People say what they mean more often. They joke less, but are sincere more.

    Don't make a lot of bad decisions. Just enough to have fun and that's it!!

    ReplyDelete